Monday 15 October 2012

Cardiff half marathon 2012

Cardiff half marathon coaching
Cardiff staged the Cardiff half marathon on a new course this year, with 18,000 people taking in the sights of Cardiff city centre, Penarth Marina, Cardiff Bay, Roath Park Lake and the impressive Civic Centre.

This year was a very different year for me, as I was there in a coaching capacity instead of running in the event! I had 4 athletes and a couple of sports massage clients running (I call all my running clients athletes, much to their amusement!) and to be honest, I’m not sure if I was more nervous when I was running in the event or there coaching!

My job this year was to cycle from point to point on the run course during the race trying to spot my runners amongst 18,000 and cheer them on, it wasn’t an easy task!

I'm happy to say that all the people running had an amazing day, with the majority of my runners setting new personal best times for the half marathon. A great day was had by all.

Congratulations must go the organisers of the Cardiff half marathon, they did a wonderful job in producing a great event with an excellent new course. I'm sure to be running this event next year, perhaps you'll be taking part too!

No comments: